Do you yearn to transform your everyday shower into a spa-like sanctuary of tranquility? You're not alone, as more and more people are discovering the powerful benefits of using essential oils in the shower.
Our informative guide unravels how adding these aromatic elixirs to your routine can aid relaxation, enhance mood, improve respiratory health, and nourish skin. Ready for a burst of aromatherapy bliss under warm cascading water? Let's dive in!
- Using essential oils in the shower can promote relaxation, reduce stress, and enhance mood due to the powerful properties of aromatherapy.
- Inhaling essential oils during a shower can have positive effects on respiratory health by promoting clear breathing and reducing inflammation.
- Incorporating essential oils into your shower routine can nourish and protect your skin and hair by balancing oil production, calming inflammation, and treating certain skin conditions.
Benefits of Using Essential Oils in the Shower
Using essential oils in the shower provides benefits such as relaxation, stress relief, enhanced mood, and mental well-being, improved respiratory health, and nourishment for the skin and hair.
Aromatherapy for relaxation and stress relief
Incorporating essential oils into your shower routine can be a transformative experience, offering optimal relaxation while alleviating stress and anxiety. This is largely attributed to the powerful properties of aromatherapy - a holistic healing approach that uses natural plant extracts, including lavender, chamomile, and ylang-ylang.
The aromatic scents of these essential oils permeate through the steam in your shower space, engaging your senses and promoting a deep sense of tranquility. Such calming aromas work to lower cortisol levels - our primary stress hormone.
Concurrently, they stimulate serotonin production, enhancing mood and fostering an overall well-being feeling. By leveraging this naturally therapeutic mechanism during showers, you unwind effectively and reinforce mental resilience against daily stresses in today's fast-paced lifestyle environment.
Enhanced mood and mental wellbeing
Invigorating your shower routine with essential oils can significantly enhance your mood and overall mental well-being. These natural oils do more than elevate your shower experience as they work to stimulate the brain's limbic system, which is responsible for both emotions and memory.
Oils like lavender essential oil or chamomile are lauded for their sedative properties, soothing the mind and uplifting spirits.
Clinical trials have highlighted how such aromatics can decrease depression, anxiety, and stress levels in older adults. Meanwhile, citrus oils are perfect mood enhancers to start off a bright day.
Inhaling the refreshing fragrance of orange essential oil or any other citrus blend during a morning shower boosts positivity while kicking out any lingering drowsiness from sleep.
Learning how to use these pure essential oils effectively in the shower routine will gradually contribute to better mental health alongside other benefits. Through consistent usage at appropriate concentration levels optimized as per individual preferences - a new aroma-infused regimen could be potentially transformative.
Improved respiratory health
Essential oils offer an aromatic oasis in your shower routine, but their benefits go beyond pampering. Incorporating these natural wonders into your shower can profoundly impact respiratory health.
Eucalyptus essential oil, for instance, is known for its antibacterial and anti-congestive properties, which aid in promoting clear breathing. Research supports this claim showing that a blend of eucalyptus, peppermint, oregano, and rosemary extracts used as a nasal spray can significantly improve respiratory health.
Similarly, diffusing essential oils such as peppermint or lavender during showers can have anti-inflammatory effects beneficial for diseases affecting the respiratory tract. These potent oils not only turn your shower to enjoy a spa-like experience but also provide tangible respiratory disinfection and decongestion benefits, making them great additions to any aromatherapy enthusiast's toolkit.
Skin and hair nourishment
The use of essential oils in the shower can provide numerous benefits for your skin and hair. These oils contain antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that can nourish and protect your skin while promoting a healthy scalp.
When added to your shower routine, essential oils can help balance oil production, calm inflammation or irritation, and even treat certain skin conditions. The steam from the shower opens up your pores, allowing these natural plant-based extracts to penetrate deeply and work their magic.
Not only will you enjoy the aromatic experience, but you'll also notice improved skin health with regular use of essential oils in the shower. So why not indulge in some self-care by incorporating these powerful oils into your daily cleansing ritual?
How to Add Essential Oils to Your Shower Routine
Enhance your shower experience with essential oils to boost relaxation and nourishment. Learn how to incorporate them into your routine for maximum benefits.
Dry brush before getting in
Dry brushing before getting in the shower is a fantastic way to enhance your aromatherapy experience. This technique involves using a natural fiber brush to exfoliate your skin and remove dead skin cells, leaving you with smoother and healthier-looking skin.
Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the brush before brushing to take it up a notch. Not only will this provide an additional boost of fragrance, but it will also help nourish and revitalize your skin.
Remember to dry brush daily for maximum benefits, ideally before you step into the shower. Incorporating dry brushing with essential oils into your routine can promote overall relaxation while achieving radiant skin.
Boost your body wash and scrubs
Enhance the benefits of your body wash and scrubs by incorporating essential oils into your shower routine. Here's how:
- Add 18 - 30 drops of your chosen essential oil per 1 oz of body wash or scrub to provide the perfect amount for a pleasant shower experience.
- Lemon essential oil can be used in homemade body scrubs to brighten the skin and uplift the mood.
- Tea tree oil can be added to body wash for its beneficial properties.
2. Create your own aromatherapy blend by combining different essential oils in a glass bottle. Experiment with scents that complement each other, such as lavender, chamomile, and bergamot.
3. Mix a few drops of essential oil with unscented shower gel or body wash to create a unique scent profile and provide a revitalizing experience.
- Peppermint essential oil is invigorating and refreshing, perfect for an energizing morning shower.
4. Place a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a sponge, face cloth, or cotton pad in the shower to release its aroma.
- Eucalyptus or peppermint oils can help alleviate congestion and promote clearer breathing in the shower.
5. Incorporate essential oils into your exfoliating routine by adding them to your DIY body scrubs or purchasing pre-made scrubs infused with essential oils.
- Dilute them properly to ensure safe use on your skin.
- Start with a low concentration and increase if desired.
- Avoid contact with sensitive areas or broken skin.
- Store your essential oils properly to maintain their potency.
Add aromatherapy to your haircare routine
Enhance your shower experience by incorporating aromatherapy into your haircare routine. Not only will it leave your hair smelling amazing, but it can also provide additional benefits for your scalp and overall well-being. Here are some easy ways to add essential oils to your haircare routine:
- Mix a few drops of your favorite essential oil with your shampoo or conditioner. This will infuse the scent of the oil into your hair while you wash, leaving it smelling fresh and fragrant.
- Create a DIY hair mask by combining a carrier oil, such as coconut or jojoba, with a few drops of essential oil. Apply this mixture to your scalp and strands before showering and let it sit for a few minutes to nourish and hydrate your hair.
- Use an aromatherapy scalp massage brush to distribute diluted essential oils directly onto your scalp. This can stimulate blood flow, promote hair growth, and provide a soothing sensation during your shower.
- Spray an essential oil mist onto your hairbrush before brushing through your locks. This will help distribute the scent throughout your hair and allow you to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy all day long.
- Add a drop or two of essential oil to a dollop of leave-in conditioner or natural styling product before applying it to damp hair. Not only will this enhance the fragrance of the product, but it can also provide additional nourishment and shine.
Spritz essential oils before stepping in
Enhance your shower experience by spritzing essential oils before stepping in. This simple step can elevate your shower routine and provide a multitude of benefits. Here's how to do it:
- Choose your favorite essential oil or create a blend of oils that suits your preferences and needs.
- Dilute the essential oil with water in a small spray bottle. Use about 10 - 15 drops of essential oil per ounce of water.
- Shake the bottle well to ensure the oil is properly mixed with the water.
- Just before entering the shower, give yourself a quick spritz with the diluted essential oil mixture.
- Allow the steam from the shower to disperse the aroma throughout the bathroom, creating a soothing and relaxing atmosphere.
Create a shower bouquet
Enhance your shower experience with a beautiful and aromatic shower bouquet. Fill your bathroom with the soothing scents of essential oils by hanging fresh or dried flowers and herbs in your shower. Here's how to create a shower bouquet:
- Select your favorite botanicals: Choose flowers, herbs, or foliage that have a strong scent and are safe for use in the shower. Popular choices include eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary, and mint.
- Gather your materials: You'll need twine or string, scissors, and a bunch of fresh or dried botanicals.
- Prep the botanicals: Trim any excess leaves or stems from your chosen plants. This will prevent them from getting soggy in the shower.
- Arrange the bouquet: Bundle together a few stems of each plant, arranging them into a small bouquet. Make sure to mix different scents for an aromatic blend.
- Tie it up: Tightly secure the stems together near their bases using twine or string. Leave enough length on the string to hang it in your shower.
- Hang it up: Find a spot in your shower where you can hang the bouquet easily. Ideally, choose a place where it won't get constantly soaked by water but still benefits from steam and humidity.
- Enjoy the aroma: As you take showers, the steam from hot water will activate the essential oils in the botanicals, releasing their fragrant scent into the air and creating a spa-like atmosphere.
- Refresh as needed: Over time, the scent of the botanicals will fade. Simply replace them with fresh ones when needed to continue enjoying their aromatherapeutic benefits.
Use a shower diffuser
Adding a shower diffuser to your bathroom routine is an excellent way to enhance the benefits of using essential oils in the shower. Dispersing the oils into the steam creates a more immersive and therapeutic experience. Here's how to use a shower diffuser:
- Choose a high-quality diffuser: Look for a shower diffuser designed specifically for use in the bathroom. Make sure it is made from durable materials that can withstand exposure to water and steam.
- Attach the diffuser: Follow the manufacturer's instructions on attaching the diffuser to your showerhead or hanging it securely in your shower.
- Add essential oils: Before turning on the water, add 5-10 drops of your chosen essential oil or blend onto the diffuser pad or into the designated compartment of your shower diffuser. Make sure to dilute the essential oil in carrier oil if necessary.
- Adjust settings: Most shower diffusers have adjustable settings for fragrance intensity and steam dispersion. Customize these settings according to your preference and needs.
- Turn on the water: Start running warm water in your shower, allowing steam to build up while activating the diffuser.
- Enjoy aromatherapy bliss: As you shower, breathe deeply and enjoy the aromatic scents filling your bathroom. Take slow, deliberate breaths to maximize inhalation and absorption of the essential oil molecules.
- Rinse off afterward: After enjoying your aromatherapy session, rinse off as usual with warm water before completing your shower routine.
- Using a shower diffuser allows the essential oils to disperse into the steam, providing a more immersive aromatherapy experience.
- A shower diffuser helps enhance relaxation, reduce stress, and invigorate the senses.
- Adding essential oils to your shower routine through a diffuser allows you to enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy easily and conveniently.
Make DIY shower steamers
Create your own unique aromatherapy experience with DIY shower steamers. These small tablets are easy to make at home and provide both clarifying and calming benefits. Follow these simple steps to make your own:
- Gather your ingredients: You will need Epsom salts, baking soda, essential oils of your choice, and optionally, coconut oil as a binding agent.
- Measure the ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of Epsom salts and 1/2 cup of baking soda. Mix well to ensure even distribution.
- Add the essential oils: Add about 20-30 drops of your chosen essential oil or a combination of oils to the dry mixture. Popular options for shower steamers include Eucalyptus, Lime, Lavender, or any other scent you enjoy.
- Incorporate the coconut oil (if using): Add 1-2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil into the mixture for added moisture and binding properties. Mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Shape the shower steamers: Using a silicone mold or simply by hand, shape the mixture into small tablets or balls that are about 1 inch in diameter. Press firmly to compact the mixture.
- Let them dry: Place the shaped shower steamers on a drying rack or parchment paper-lined tray in a cool, dry location. Allow them to air dry for at least 24-48 hours or until completely hardened.
- Store properly: Once dry, store your DIY shower steamers in an airtight container or resealable bag to preserve their fragrance and effectiveness.
- Enjoy in the shower: When you're ready for some aromatic indulgence, place one shower steamer on the floor of your shower away from direct water flow but within reach of warm water spray. As it dissolves with each shower session, it will release its fragrance and beneficial properties into the steam.
Upgrade your showerhead
Upgrade your showerhead to enhance the aromatic experience and fully enjoy the benefits of using essential oils in the shower. Here are some options to consider:
- Aromatherapy Showerheads: These showerheads are specifically designed to infuse essential oils into the water stream, releasing a soothing aroma throughout your shower. Look for models with built-in oil chambers or cartridges that can be easily filled with your preferred essential oils.
- Filtered Showerheads: Investing in a filtered showerhead can improve the quality of your water and help maintain the purity and potency of your essential oils. These showerheads remove impurities and chlorine, ensuring that you are getting a clean and refreshing shower experience.
- Handheld Showerheads: Opting for a handheld showerhead gives you greater control over where the water and essential oil mixture is directed, allowing you to target specific areas of your body for maximum benefit. They also make it easier to rinse off any remaining residue from your chosen essential oil blends.
- Rainfall Showerheads: For a luxurious and spa-like experience, consider installing a rainfall showerhead in your bathroom. The gentle flow of water combined with the invigorating scent of essential oils can create a truly relaxing and rejuvenating atmosphere.
- LED Showerheads: These innovative showerheads feature LED lights that change color based on the water temperature, adding an extra sensory element to your aromatherapy session in the shower. Some models even come with built-in aromatherapy capabilities, allowing you to combine both visual and aromatic stimulation.
Recommended Essential Oils for the Shower
Discover the best essential oils for a luxurious and revitalizing shower experience.
Lavender for relaxation and sleep
Lavender essential oil is a powerhouse when it comes to relaxation and promoting a good night's sleep. This soothing oil has been used for centuries in aromatherapy to calm the mind and ease tension, making it perfect for those who struggle with stress or insomnia.
Research has shown that lavender essential oil can positively impact sleep quality, helping you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Its calming scent helps reduce anxiety and creates a tranquility atmosphere, turning your shower into a mini-spa experience.
So why not add a few drops of lavender essential oil to your shower routine and let its natural properties work their magic?
Eucalyptus for respiratory health
Eucalyptus oil is renowned for its remarkable benefits when it comes to respiratory health. With its purifying, cleansing, and clarifying properties, this essential oil can provide relief for various respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, and coughs.
Inhaling steam infused with eucalyptus oil helps to clear the respiratory tract by loosening mucus and phlegm. It contains antibacterial properties that effectively treat congestion and sinus problems.
Furthermore, the therapeutic effects of eucalyptus oil make it an excellent choice for soothing coughs and promoting deep breathing. Incorporating this versatile essential oil into your shower routine can create a refreshing and invigorating experience while supporting improved respiratory function.
Peppermint for energy and focus
Peppermint essential oil is a fantastic choice for those looking to boost energy and enhance focus during their shower routine. With its invigorating scent, peppermint oil can help awaken the senses and provide a natural pick-me-up in the morning or whenever you need an extra mental boost.
The refreshing aroma of peppermint has been shown to stimulate alertness and improve concentration, making it perfect for busy individuals or anyone needing that extra mental clarity throughout the day.
Additionally, this versatile essential oil also offers other benefits such as providing relief from headaches, promoting healthy respiratory function, and supporting gut health when used properly.
Citrus oils for mood enhancement
Citrus essential oils, such as orange, lemon, and lime, are well-known for their mood-enhancing properties. These oils work directly on the brain's chemicals and hormones, resulting in improved mood and emotional balance.
The fresh and uplifting scent of citrus oils can help reduce stress, uplift spirits, and calm anxiety. Sweet orange essential oil, in particular, is known for its invigorating properties and can be used to improve mood and reduce feelings of exhaustion or tension.
Additionally, citrus oils like lime, lemon, and grapefruit have stimulating and antiseptic properties that may help with infections and colds. Incorporating citrus essential oils into your shower routine is a great way to enjoy these benefits while starting your day on a positive note or winding down after a long day.
Rosemary for mental clarity
Rosemary essential oil is a powerful tool when it comes to enhancing mental clarity and focus. Inhaling the rosemary aroma can lower stress hormone cortisol levels, leading to reduced stress and improved cognitive function.
Additionally, this versatile oil has been shown to improve memory and boost mood by simply inhaling its uplifting scent. By incorporating rosemary essential oil into your shower routine, you can harness its brain-stimulating properties and enhance your overall mental well-being.
Whether you're dealing with mental fatigue, difficulty concentrating, or want to improve your cognitive abilities, rosemary essential oil is a must-have addition to your aromatherapy toolkit.
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon essential oil has several health benefits including: supporting the immune system, alleviating stress and reducing insomnia.
Vivorific’s peppermint essential oil is: 100% Pure and natural, free from fillers, additives and harmful chemicals, vegan and kosher certified and sealed with tamper evident closure and Euro style dropper cap.
Precautions and Tips for Using Essential Oils in the Shower
Ensure to dilute essential oils in carrier oils before use. Use caution and avoid contact with sensitive areas or broken skin. Start with a low concentration and increase if desired. Store essential oils properly to maintain their potency.
Read on for more tips on using essential oils safely in the shower!
Dilute essential oils in carrier oils before use
To ensure safe and effective use, diluting essential oils in carrier oils before applying them to your skin is crucial. This step helps prevent any potential skin irritation or sensitivity when using undiluted (neat) essential oils.
Effective diluting agents include carrier oils, creams, lotions, soaps, body butters, shampoos, and conditioners. Dilution also helps make the essential oil last longer on your skin, allowing for better absorption.
It is recommended to dilute natural essential oils at a ratio of 3% to 5% for topical application. By diluting your essential oils properly, you can safely enjoy their aromatherapeutic benefits without any unwanted side effects.
Avoid contact with sensitive areas or broken skin
When using essential oils in the shower, avoiding contact with sensitive areas or broken skin is important. Essential oils are highly concentrated and can cause irritation or discomfort when applied directly to these areas.
Instead, dilute the essential oil in a carrier oil before use to minimize any potential skin sensitivity. This will ensure that you can enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy without any adverse effects on your skin.
It's always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to using essential oils, so take care and enjoy your shower experience!
Start with a low concentration and increase if desired
To ensure a safe and enjoyable aromatherapy experience in the shower, it is important to start with a low concentration of essential oils and gradually increase if desired. This allows you to gauge your sensitivity to the oils and avoid any potential skin irritation or adverse reactions.
Diluting natural essential oils at a ratio of 3% to 5% is recommended for topical application, so incorporating this into your shower routine is no exception. By starting with a few drops of your chosen essential oil and adjusting as needed, you can customize the strength of the aroma and intensity of the benefits.
Remember, less is often more when it comes to using essential oils, as their potent nature means that even small amounts can have powerful effects on both the mind and body. So take it slow, experiment with different concentrations, and find what works best for you to create a blissful aromatherapy experience right in your shower.
Store essential oils properly to maintain their potency
To ensure that your essential oils remain potent and effective, it is crucial to store them properly. Avoid exposing your oils to hot, bright, or humid environments, such as the bathroom or near a stove.
These unfavorable conditions can cause a decrease in their potency over time. Instead, store your oils in a cool, dark location away from direct sunlight. By doing so, you can preserve the quality of your essential oils for years without worrying about expiration dates or loss of efficacy.
Proper storage is key to maintaining the therapeutic benefits of your favorite aromatherapy blends and ensuring that they are ready to enhance your shower experience whenever you need them most.
How to Choose High-Quality Essential Oils
When choosing high-quality essential oils, look for pure, organic, and therapeutic-grade oils that have undergone third-party testing and certification.
Look for pure, organic, and therapeutic-grade oils
When choosing essential oils for your shower routine, looking for pure, organic, and therapeutic-grade oils is important. Pure essential oils have not been diluted or mixed with other substances, ensuring you get the full benefits of their natural properties.
Organic oils are produced without the use of pesticides or chemicals, making them a healthier choice for both you and the environment. Additionally, seeking therapeutic-grade oils ensures they have undergone rigorous testing to meet certain quality standards.
This gives you peace of mind knowing that you're using high-quality oils that will deliver the desired effects during your aromatherapy experience in the shower. Remember to do thorough research before buying and seek reputable brands or suppliers certified by organizations such as QAI for organic certifications as well.
Check for third-party testing and certifications
To ensure the quality and purity of your essential oils, it's important to check for third-party testing and certifications. Standards for quality control of essential oils do not currently exist in the United States, so finding reputable sources that sell good quality oils is crucial.
Look for brands that provide Certificates of Analysis and GC Reports, as these can help determine the authenticity and potency of the oils. Third-party testing is a guarantee for pure, high-quality, natural, and authentic essential oils.
It's also worth noting that some brands go the extra mile by obtaining organic certifications, further ensuring their ingredients' purity. For example, Plant Therapy's tea tree oil is USDA-certified organic and GMO-free – plus, they have it tested by independent third-party labs.
Read customer reviews and testimonials
Discovering the best essential oils for your shower routine can be made easier by reading customer reviews and testimonials. These insights can provide valuable information on the quality, effectiveness, and overall experience of using different essential oil brands.
By exploring what others have experienced, you can gain confidence in your purchasing decisions and find the perfect essential oils that suit your personal preferences. Whether you're looking for relaxation, respiratory support, mental clarity, or mood enhancement, hearing from other aromatherapy enthusiasts can help guide you towards high-quality options that will elevate your shower experience.
Purchase from reputable brands and suppliers
To ensure the highest quality and effectiveness of essential oils for your shower routine, purchasing from reputable brands and suppliers specializing in aromatherapy is crucial. This is important because not all essential oils are created equal, and choosing a trusted source will guarantee that you are getting pure, high-quality oils with beneficial properties.
Look for suppliers that provide transparency of testing through a purity statement and have a positive reputation in the industry. By doing so, you can confidently incorporate these natural sources of fragrance into your shower experience while reaping their therapeutic benefits.
Incorporating essential oils into your shower routine can elevate your self-care experience and provide numerous benefits. Whether you're seeking relaxation, mental clarity, or respiratory support, using essential oils in the shower is a convenient and effective method of aromatherapy.
From spritzing essential oil blends to creating DIY shower steamers, there are various ways to incorporate these natural wonders into your daily showers. So go ahead and transform your showers into a spa-like oasis by harnessing the power of essential oils for enhanced well-being and rejuvenation.
Helpful Links and Resources
To further explore the world of essential oils in your shower routine, here are some helpful links and resources for you. First, if you're interested in learning more about the benefits of different essential oils and their specific uses, check out reputable websites such as AromaWeb or the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
These websites provide valuable information on choosing high-quality essential oils and incorporating them into your shower experience.
YouTube can be a great resource if you prefer video tutorials or demonstrations. You can find numerous channels dedicated to aromatherapy and essential oil usage, offering step-by-step guides on using essential oils in the shower.
For those looking to purchase essential oils online, buying from reputable brands is important. Well-known companies like Vivorific Health offer pure and therapeutic-grade options that have undergone rigorous testing for quality and purity.
Before making a purchase, read customer reviews and testimonials to ensure you're getting a product that meets your standards.
Lastly, don't forget about your area's local aromatherapy stores or natural health shops. These brick-and-mortar establishments often have knowledgeable staff who can guide you towards the best essential oil products for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the different ways to use essential oils?
A: There are several ways to use essential oils, such as aromatherapy, topical application, and adding them to various products.
Q: What is a shower melt?
A: A shower melt is a small, solid disk made with essential oils that are designed to be placed in the shower. The steam from the shower releases the scent of the essential oils, creating a relaxing and invigorating experience.
Q: How can I incorporate aromatherapy into my shower routine?
A: To incorporate aromatherapy into your shower routine, you can either use shower melts, shower sprays, or add a few drops of essential oil to a warm washcloth and place it on the shower floor.
Q: What is a diffuser and how does it work?
A: A diffuser is a device that disperses essential oils into the air. It breaks down the essential oils into small molecules and then disperses them into the air, creating a pleasant and aromatic environment.
Q: How can I make my own essential oil blend for the shower?
A: To make your own essential oil blend for the shower, you can combine a few drops of your favorite essential oils, such as eucalyptus, tea tree, or lavender, and mix them with a carrier oil, such as jojoba or almond oil.
Q: Can I use essential oils directly in the shower?
A: Yes, you can use essential oils directly in the shower. However, it is recommended to dilute them with a carrier oil or add them to a shower product, such as a shower gel or bath bomb.
Q: What are the benefits of using essential oils in the shower?
A: Using essential oils in the shower can provide several benefits, including relaxation, stress relief, improved mood, respiratory support, and enhanced skin hydration.
Q: How can I create an essential oil shower spray?
A: To create an essential oil shower spray, you can mix a few drops of your preferred essential oil with water in a spray bottle. Shake well before each use and spray it in the shower to enjoy the aromatic experience.
Q: What are the top 10 essential oils to use in the shower?
A: The top 10 essential oils to use in the shower include eucalyptus, lavender, tea tree, peppermint, lemon, bergamot, rosemary, ylang-ylang, chamomile, and grapefruit.
Q: Can I use a diffuser in the shower?
A: It is not recommended to use a diffuser in the shower, as water can damage the electrical components of the diffuser. Instead, you can create a DIY shower diffuser by placing a few drops of essential oil on a washcloth and hanging it near the showerhead.
- Bedosky, L., & MD, J. L. (2022, May 31). Essential Oils: 7 Possible Health Benefits. EverydayHealth.com. https://www.everydayhealth.com/wellness/potential-health-benefits-of-essential-oils/
8 Ways To Add Aromatherapy To Your Shower Routine | mindbodygreen. 8 Ways to Add Aromatherapy to Your Shower Routine | Mindbodygreen. https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/shower-aromatherapy
How to Use Essential Oils In The Shower (Guide + Suggested Blends) — Sustainable Bliss | Self-Care and Intentional Living. (2019, October 13). Sustainable Bliss | Self-Care and Intentional Living. https://www.sustainableblissco.com/journal/how-to-use-essential-oils-in-the-shower
Essential Oils in Your Bath: Quick & Clean Tips. (n.d.). Essential Oils in Your Bath: Quick & Clean Tips. https://www.healthline.com/health/essential-oils-in-bath
You May Also Like